It's been a verrry busy week. Cape Town was amazing. It's a gorgeous city with tons to do. I met two guys that were staying in the same hostel and we ended up spending the next two days hanging out and exploring the area.
The streets were nuts and full of people dressed up in flags and scarves and jerseys...everyone screaming and cheering and blowing their vuvuzellas. I'll admit that I don't care who the hell wins the cup but it was so fun to watch the matches in bars and the fan fest area with the giant screens. Everyone is SO into it and it's so exciting to watch.
I met up with the tour group a few days ago. Everyone is very friendly and we're all getting along wonderfully. My roommate is Korean and doesn't speak much English so it's a bit difficult communicating with her. I've had to set up and take down our tent BY MYSELF the last two days because she just stands there looking clueless and when I try to give her direction she just nods. I'm going to be a master tent builder in a week or so.
The nights have been freeeeeeeeezing! I've gotten about two hours sleep each night because I'm just too cold to sleep. My sleeping bag is a joke. Last night one of the girls gave me thermals and one of the guys gave me a beanie...I had two layers of bottoms on and four layers of tops but I still froze (the temp has dropped below freezing both nights). I'm hoping I can find a better sleeping bag in the next big town we visit.
We are about to cross the border into Namibia which is one of the countries I've been most excited to visit. Tomorrow I'm giving sandboarding a go!
I miss you all! xo
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment