
We arrived in Dahab on Saturday. The hotel we are staying in is amazing!! It's right on the beach and all of our rooms overlook the Red Sea. It was a long drive from Luxor but well worth the wait. I thought I was going to be bored out of my mind after one day with nothing to do but lay in the sun for hours. Luckily, I was very wrong.
Yesterday we spent 3 hours snorkeling at the Blue Hole. It was gorgeous! We saw all sorts of coral, fish and even a sea turtle which is apparently pretty rare. The water is about 70 degrees and because of the high salt content (second only to the Dead Sea) you can just float at the surface without any effort whatsoever and the waves just pull you along the reef.


Today we rented quads and rode all around Dahab. Michelle and I teamed up and took turns driving (she almost killed me). At one point we were driving right next to a bunch of camels! Kind of awesome.


We all stopped at a little cove and Shell decided to jump in the water with all of her clothes on. Julia, Melissa and I, dying from the heat, promptly followed. The water is so incredibly clear and warm here!!!

Also, I got to hold a baby goat!
No comments:
Post a Comment