The canyon swing was like a bungee in that you just drop off a platform 111 meters up and drop straight down except instead of bouncing up and down you swing back and forth. The free fall was pretty terrifying. Richie and I did it together so it was nice to have a little buddy next to me.
I've always wanted to do a zip line and I can now cross it off my bucket list! After the previous two death defying acts it was actually incredibly relaxing and beautiful.
Tomorrow I say goodbye to one group =*( and join another one as we head off to Zimbabwe. I'm not happy about it at all but I only have 12 more days here so I'm trying to be positive.
I haven't seen a television or a newspaper in ages but we heard that there was a terrorist attack in Kampala yesterday. Obviously that is far far away from me but in case anyone was worried, I am a-ok and have been incredibly lucky not to encounter one problem in the last 6 weeks. Love you all and see you soon!
holy crap!!! god you're insane. and yes, there was an attack in uganda which i read about last night. very happy to know ya'll are all safe.
ReplyDeletemeow!