In the last 55 days I've visited 7 countries, gotten 4 visas and 23 stamps in my passport (don't try to do the math on that one). I've hiked up Mount Sinai, snorkeled in the Red Sea, abseiled in Uganda, swam in a cage two feet from Great Whites in South Africa, climbed up and boarded down sand dunes in Namibia, bungeed, swung and zipped off a bridge in Vic Falls, ridden elephants, walked with lions and didn't say no to one worthwhile opportunity. I did things that scared the hell out of me and stepped out of my comfort zone (in some cases I threw it out all together). I've made wonderful friends from five continents and was reminded that spending all your money on seeing the world is NOT crazy and that so many others feel the same. I've taken more ice cold showers than lukewarm/hot ones and eaten enough rice and veggies to last me a lifetime. I've changed nappies and found the place I will one day adopt a child from. I've frozen my butt off, slept in more layers than I can count, invested in a snuggie and learned the value of a good sleeping bag. I've fallen asleep to the sound of hippos, elephants and lions and become an expert at putting up tents. I finally learned how to pack light and was reminded on a daily basis that germs will not kill me. I indulged in copious amounts of red wine with Rich, Ange, Muzz and Laura amd drank it all out of tin mugs. I crossed six things off my bucket list.
It has been an absolutely incredible two months and I will be forever grateful for the experiences I've had here in Africa.
Tomorrow morning I'll leave Joburg for the 44 hour journey home. I'm looking forward to seeing my family, snuggling with my pets, eating something delicious and familiar, and sleeping in my wonderful, cushy, cozy bed.
See you all soon! xo
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
meowsies, i'll admit it... you're kinda a badass
ReplyDelete