Saturday, May 15, 2010

Itinerary

For anyone who is interested, here is a somewhat detailed itinerary of where I will be in June & July.

May 30: Depart for Africa! Kiss my puppy and kitty goodbye and hope they don't forget about me.

May 31 - June 10: I'll spend 11 days exploring Egypt with my mom, Michelle, Melissa, Auntie Gwen, and Julie! We'll be checking out pyramids, riding camels, visiting museums, snorkeling, climbing biblical mountains and celebrating my 27th birthday.

June 11 - 21: I'll be volunteering at San Kizito Babies Home in Mbale, Uganda. 41 orphaned and abandoned babies have been left here in the care of only a few nuns. I've been told I'll spend my days feeding newborns, changing diapers, bathing kids, cooking, gardening, or just playing. Basically, everything I was born to do.

June 21-23: Spend two days exploring Cape Town on my own (during the World Cup!)

June 24: The Southern Africa tour beings today!

June 25 - July 1: Travel from South Africa into Namibia. I'll be checking out the highest sand dunes in the world, canoeing, exploring Namib-Naukluft National Park and visiting the largest seal colony in Africa.

July 2 - 5: Visit Etosha National Park, the third largest wildlife sanctuary in the world.

July 6 - 11: Cross into Botswana. Explore the wilderness of the Okavango Delta and check out Chobe National Park - Africa's greatest elephant sanctuary.

July 12 - 13: Camp along the banks of the Upper Zambezi River and experience Victoria Falls. Optional whitewater rafting, bungee jumping, elephant riding safaris and game drives...I think I'll do them all!

July 14 - 20: Cross into Zimbabwe. Explore Hwange National Park, walk with lions (yes, lions!) in Antelope Park, and wander through the Great Zimbabwe Ruins at Masvingo.

July 21 - 23: Day and night game drives exploring the riverbanks and bush of Kruger National Park.

June 24: Enter back into South Africa and camp in Pretoria for our last night =*(

July 25: Spend almost 44 hours getting from Johannesburg to LAX (including a 14 hour layover in Quatar)

July 26: Back to real life....

No comments:

Post a Comment