Friday, May 28, 2010

"He who would travel happily...

...must travel light." This is the quote that I have been muttering to myself all day as I begin to pack up all my stuff. And yet, yesterday I went to REI (the best store in the world) and exchanged the 55 liter pack I got two months ago for a 70 liter pack. You see, my dumb ass purposely chose to get a smaller pack initially, thinking it would keep me from over packing (as I'm prone to do). Silly me. The damn thing was SO small! As soon as I put my sleeping bag and little pillow inside there was barely enough room for clothes...let alone shoes, toiletries and all the outdoor bologna I need like insect repellent, clotheslines, binoculars, etc. Now that I have more room I just have to make sure that I don't fill it with unnecessary crap. My goal is to keep it under 30 lbs. I brought 45 lbs of luggage to Europe and even more to OZ/NZ, so 30 lbs is nothin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment